IFOM is an internationally recognized non-profit cancer research institute supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC) based in Milan within a highly dynamic urban environment.
IFOM continuous success is ensured by the recruitment of highly selected undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate researchers from over 24 countries worldwide.
IFOM is hosted within a research campus shared with the European Institute of Oncology and the Italian Institute of Technology.
IFOM is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment, based on mutual respect and the enhancement of diversity, offering equal job opportunities to all qualified candidates.
About the position
We are opening a new challenging position of Scientific Officer. The role will support the Scientific Director in the functions of organizing, monitoring, and facilitating research as well as in the development of strategies to guide the future of IFOM research and international networks.
- Support the Scientific Director in the coordination and supervision of the research activities and in the implementation of the and scientific strategies of the institute, liaising with the heads of the research structures;
- Coordinate and supervise implementation of the Institutional Scientific Plan;
- Manage, supervise and implement Scientific Direction documents including proposals and collaborative projects;
- Develop annual reports on IFOM scientific performance;
- Support the Scientific Director in the recruitment of new PIs and scientific staff;
- Support the Scientific Director and the International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB) in the Principal Investigators (group leaders) review process;
- Promote cooperative networks between IFOM and other scientific institutions, at national and international levels;
- Ensure the effective management of relations with other Institutions and external stakeholders;
- Support the identification of national and international collaborations opportunities including multi-institutional networking.
- PhD in Life sciences and track record in scientific publishing;
- Training in International institutions;
- Excellent English writing and spoken skills.
What we offer
- International work environment
- Continuous training
- Relocation cost support
- Guest house inside the Campus
- Agreements with discounts for Gym, Pharmacy, Psychology service and various shops around Ifom area
- Bar and canteen inside the campus & lunch benefit
- Company Nursery
- Continuous support to candidates and their families (including homing, schooling, registration to the national health system, work permit etc.) thanks to the activities of the Welcome office
- Medical Service
- Caf service- tax declaration
- Life and medical insurance
Type of Contract
CCNL Chimico Farmaceutico
Milan - Ripamonti area
Please send a CV to personnel-office[@]ifom.eu