Technician: personalized medicine in mouse models
IFOM is an internationally recognized non-profit cancer Research Institute supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC) based in Milan within a highly dynamic urban environment.
IFOM continuous success is ensured by the recruitment of highly selected undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate researchers from over 24 countries worldwide.
IFOM is hosted within a research campus shared with the European Institute of Oncology and the Italian Institute of Technology.
IFOM is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment, based on mutual respect and the enhancement of diversity, offering equal job opportunities to all qualified candidates.
We seek for our Institute:
TECHNICIAN: PERSONALIZED MEDICINE IN MOUSE MODELS
About the position
This position is available in Prof. Bardelli's Laboratory.
We are a dynamic and multidisciplinary group encompassing biologists, biotechnologists, physicians, bioinformaticians, engineers, physicists, with extensive national and international collaborations. Our research aims at testing for the first time the hypothesis that therapeutic inactivation of DNA repair pathways in cancer cells can be exploited for patient benefit by reawakening an anti-tumor immune response. Using in vitro and in vivo functional assays we will systematically assess whether and how inactivation of DNA repair genes provokes an immune response and restricts cancer growth. The identification of DNA repair pathways which, when disabled, reawaken the immune system will provide transformative knowledge and could lead to the development of an entirely new class of anticancer drugs.
- Knowledge and experience in animal handling, sample collection and processing.
- Techniques required for the development and engraftment of tumors in animal models: subcutaneous injection and transplantation, orthotopic cell transplantation (colon, breast), intramuscular, intravenous, and intraperitoneal injections, oral gavage, in vivo imaging and anesthesia procedures, blood collection and organ explants, monitoring of tumor growth and animal welfare.
- Basic understanding of biological principles.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Adhesion to highest ethical principles when working with laboratory animals.
- Colony maintenance and genotyping.
- Previous experience in oncology field.
- Ability to think critically and design experiments with guidance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Laboratory technician diploma or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Veterinary / Biology / Biotechnology or related fields with certificated experience in in vivo experimentation
- Licenses and certifications to comply with Italian laws for in vivo experimentation.
- Background in molecular biology and cell culture techniques
English proficiency is required
What we offer
International work environment, training, flexible schedule, discount conventions for gymnasium, pharmacy and various stores in the Ifom area.
On-campus cafeteria and lunch benefits.
Type of Contract
We offer a fixed term contract and a salary commensurate with skills and working experience.
Applicants should send their CV to recruitment[@]ifom.eu.
It’s important to include:
- CV with a list of publications;
- Cover letter;
- Contact information with at least two references (name, address, email and phone number).