Publications G. V. Shivashankar
- Caroline Uhler & G.V.Shivashankar
Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, (invited review 2017 - under submission)
- Caroline Uhler & G.V.Shivashankar
Chromosome intermingling as mechanical hotspots for genome regulation
Trends in Cell Biology (invited review 2017 - under review)
- Bibhas Roy, Prasuna Rao and G.V.Shivashankar
Geometric confinement of cells induce nuclear reprogramming
(2017 ? under review)
- Aninda Mitra, Saradha.V. Pathy, Prasuna Rao and G.V.Shivashankar
Cell-geometric-constraints differentially regulate TNFα-mediated gene expression programs
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences-USA - (final revision, 2017)
- Yejun Wang, Mallika Nagarajan, Caroline Uhler and G.V.Shivashankar
Cell geometry orients and repositions chromosomes to regulate genomic programs
Molecular Biology of the Cell, (final revision, 2017)
- K. Radhakrishna, Saradha V. Pathy and G.V.Shivashankar
Nuclear positioning and its translation dynamics is regulated by cell geometry
Biophysical Journal (final revision, 2017)
- Yejun Wang, Prasuna Ratna and G.V. Shivashankar
Superresolution imaging of nanoscale chromosome contacts
Nature Sci Rep. (2017) 7:42422. doi: 10.1038/srep42422.
- V.Ruprecht, P.Monzo, A.Ravasio, Z.Yue, E.Makhija, P.O.Strale, N.Gauthier, G.V.Shivashankar, V.Studer, C.Albiges-Rizo, V.Viasnoff
How cells respond to environmental cues - insights from bio-functionalized substrates.
(2017) Journal of Cell Science 130:51-61.
- Caroline Uhler and G.V. Shivashankar
Geometric control and modeling of genome reprogramming
BioArchitecture. 2016 Jul 19:1-9.
- Ekta Makhija, Jokhun Kamal and G.V.Shivashankar
Nuclear plasticity and telomere dynamics is modulated by extra-cellular matrix constraints
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences-USA (2016) 113(1):E32-40.
- Naotaka Nakazawa, Aneesh R. Sathe, G. V. Shivashankar and Mike Sheetz
Matrix Mechanics Controls FHL2 Movement to the Nucleus to Activate p21/CDKN1A Expression
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences-USA (2016) 113(44):E6813-E6822
- Aneesh Sathe, G.V.Shivashankar and Mike Sheetz
Nuclear transport of paxillin depends on focal adhesion dynamics and FAT Domains
Journal of Cell Science (2016) 129(10):1981-8
- Shovamayee Maharana, K.Venkatesan Iyer, Nikhil Jain, Mallika Nagarajan, Yejun Wang and G.V.Shivashankar
Chromosome intermingling - the physical basis of chromosome organization in differentiated cells
Nucleic Acids Research, (2016) doi: 10.1093/nar/gkw131
- Yejun Wang, Ekta Makhija, Karthik Damodharan and G.V.Shivashankar
Role of Cell Geometry on Nuclear Mechanics, Chromosome Reorganization, and Gene Expression
Molecular and Cellular Mechanobiology (2016, Edited by Chien, Engler and Wang), Springer Press.
- Ramdas NM, Qingsen Li, Shivashankar GV
Regulation of nuclear morphology by actomyosin components and cell geometry.
IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2015:342-5.
- Shao X, Kawauchi K, Shivashankar GV, Bershadsky AD.
Novel localization of formin mDia2: importin β-mediated delivery to and retention at the cytoplasmic side of the nuclear envelope.
Biol Open. 2015 4(11):1569-75.
- Kee Chua Toh, Nisha Ramdas and G.V.Shivashankar
Actin cytoskeleton differentially alters the dynamics of lamin A/C, HP1α and H2B core histone proteins to remodel chromatin condensation state in living cells
Integrative Biology, 2015 (10):1309-17.
- Xiaowei Shao, Li Qingsen, Alexandar Mogilner, Alexandar Bershadsky and G.V.Shivashankar
Mechanical stimulation induces formin-dependent assembly of a perinuclear actin rim
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences-USA (2015) 112(20):E2595-601
- Li Qingsen, Ekta Makhija, F.M. Hameed and G.V.Shivashankar
Micropillar displacements by cell traction forces are mechanically correlated with nuclear dynamics
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, (2015) 461(2):372-7
- Nisha M Ramdas and G.V.Shivashankar
Cytoskeletal control of nuclear morphology and chromatin organization
Journal of Molecular Biology (2015) 427(3):695-706
- Yejun Wang, Shovamayee Maharana, Michelle Wang & G.V.Shivashankar
Super-resolution microscopy reveals decondensed chromatin structure at transcription sites
Nature Sci Rep. (2014) Mar 26;4:4477
- Ananyo Maitra, Madhuresh Sumit, Sriram Ramaswamy & G.V. Shivashankar
Acto-myosin contractility rotates the cell nucleus Abhishek Kumar
Nature Sci Rep. 2014 Jan 21;4:3781
- Amit Kumar, Michele Mazzanti, Martin Mistrik, Galina Beznusenko, Alexandre Mironov, Massimiliano Garre, Dario Parazzoli, G.V. Shivashankar, Giorgio Scita
ATR mediates a mechanical checkpoint at the nuclear envelope in response to membrane stress.
Jiri Bartek and Marco Fioni (2014) Cell, 158, 633-646
- Pan CQ, G.V.Shivashankar, Bershadsky A, Sudol M, Sheetz M.
Yap-Taz as mechanosensors and mechanotransducers in regulating organ size and tumor growth Low BC
(2014) FEBS Lett. 19;588(16):2663-2670
- Wong Cheng Lee, Hui Shi, Zhiyong Poon, Lin Myint Nyan, Tanwi Kaushik, G V. Shivashankar, Jerry K Y Chan, Chwee Teck Lim, Jongyoon Han & Krystyn J. Van Vliet
Multivariate biophysical markers predictive of mesenchymal stromal cell multipotency
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences-USA (2014) Oct 21;111(42):E4409-18
- Ekta Makhija, K. Venkatesan Iyer, Shefali Talwar & G.V.Shivashankar
Probing Chromatin Structure and Dynamics Using Fluorescence Anisotropy Imaging
CRC Handbook, Imaging Biological Mechanics (2014)
- M.Garg, N.Ramdas, M.Vijayalakshmi, G.V.Shivashankar, A.Sarin
The C-terminal domain (CTD) in linker histones antagonizes anti-apoptotic proteins to modulate apoptotic outcomes at the mitochondrion.
Cell Death & Disease (2014) 5:e1058.
- Garg M, Perumalsamy LR, G.V.Shivashankar, Sarin A.
The linker histone H1.2 is an intermediate in the apoptotic response to cytokine deprivation to T-cell effectors
Int J Cell Biol. (2014): 674753
- Shefali Talwar, Nikhil Jain & G.V.Shivashankar
The regulation of gene expression during onset of differentiation by nuclear mechanical heterogeneity
Biomaterials. (2014) 35, 2411-19
- Li Qingsen, Abhishek Kumar, Ekta Makhija & G.V.Shivashankar
The regulation of dynamic mechanical coupling between actin cytoskeleton and nucleus by matrix geometry
Biomaterials. (2014) 35, 961-69.