Science Events Specialist
IFOM is an internationally recognized non-profit cancer research institute supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC) based in Milan within a highly dynamic urban environment.
IFOM continuous success is ensured by the recruitment of highly selected undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate researchers from over 24 countries worldwide.
IFOM is hosted within a research campus shared with the European Institute of Oncology and the Italian Institute of Technology.
IFOM is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment, based on mutual respect and the enhancement of diversity, offering equal job opportunities to all qualified candidates.
About the position
We are seeking to recruit a Science Events Professional with experience in scientific science events organisation. Reporting to the Head of Science Communication and Events Office and working in close collaboration with the Office Staff, IFOM staff and Faculty, the role involves the organisation of an annual programme of scientific events and conferences and the creation and dissemination of engaging contents via a range of media for a variety of academic and non-academic audiences, inspiring and informing audiences about IFOM scientific mission, values, goals and results. The post will offer a superb opportunity to broaden and deepen professional skills by working across a range of tasks within Science communication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering an annual programme of Science Events
- Managing event logistics, including budgeting, marketing, invitations, catering, delegate registration, speaker briefings, abstract book, venue and suppliers liaison
- Managing IFOM events locations for all stakeholders
- Creating dissemination contents for websites, corporate communication, reports, video storyboarding, infographics, media and social media
- Collaborating in projecting and managing outreach initiatives
- A university degree in a scientific field
- Minimum of 2-year relevant experience in a similar role
- High-level organisational detail-oriented skills to handle multiple projects and multiple partners at a given time, to manage a diverse workload and to ensure effective communications are delivered within deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Italian and strong editing capability
- A flexible and problem solving approach to work effectively in response to changing demands
- Use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), online events platforms and social-media platforms
- Experience with Social Media Management is an asset.
What we offer
International work environment
Relocation cost support
Guest house inside the Campus
Agreements with discounts for Gym, Pharmacy, Psychology service and various shops around Ifom area
Bar and canteen inside the campus & lunch benefit
Continuous support to candidates and their families (including homing, schooling, registration to the national health system, work permit etc.) thanks to the activities of the Welcome office
Caf service- tax declaration
Life and medical insurance
Type of Contract
Full Time,Permanent contract
CCNL Chimico Farmaceutico
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) to recruitment[@]ifom.eu.