Postdoctoral positions in Computational Biology
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
We are looking for postdoctoral researchers with expertise in computational biology to join our Computational Genomics group at IFOM, Milan, Italy.
We are especially looking for outstanding motivated ambitious candidates, with a proven track record of experience and publications in the field of genomics and computational biology, interested in working in an international and competitive research environment.
The successful candidate will work primarily on the analysis of genomics data: namely genome-wide data obtained by high throughput sequencing based techniques, including gene expression (e.g. RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq), chromatin marks (e.g. ChIP-seq), chromatin 3D architecture (e.g. Hi-C) and whole genome sequencing data. The development of new methods and tools for data analysis is expected to be part of the postdoctoral research activity as well.
English is the working language at IFOM.
- PhD or equivalent degree in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Biophysics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or other related fields.
- Previous research experience in the field of genomics and computational biology
- Experience in functional genomics data analysis and especially in Next Generation Sequencing data
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Proficiency in scripting environments for statistics and data analysis (preferentially R/Bioconductor, or alternatively Matlab)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting or programming language (PERL, Python or C/C++)
- Excellent communication skills (English is the working language at the institute)
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Research experience in an interdisciplinary environment
- Previous work experience in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Strong publication track record
WHAT WE OFFER
- An international and interdisciplinary research environment
- An internationally competitive salary commensurate with the experience level of the candidates
- Dedicated support for settling in Milan by "IFOM welcome office" for foreign national research scholars
To apply send your cover letter, complete CV and contact information for at least two academic references to francesco.ferrari[@]ifom.eu with ‘[POSTDOC POSITION]’ and your name in the subject line.
Computational genomics group
IFOM, Milan, Italy